Saturday, January 21, 2006

Steve's Sermon Was a Success!

Steve was the interim preacher at church last Sunday (our pastor was on vacation). He looked extremely dapper in his new suit. His mom, Diane, and his sister, Naomi, flew in for the occasion. We all sat in the front row to lend our support.

He preached on the huge amount of Grace that is evident in our lives. Kind of a take on the "Footprints" poem. Like... "where were you God when I only saw 1 set of footprints?" and God replies, "When you only saw 1 set of footprints, I was carrying you."

He actually made several people cry, myself included. Of course his mom boo-hooed. Some people were very surprised to see that the guy that they see every Sunday who is always cracking jokes could actually have an important and moving message to deliver. It went very well and was very well received. We were proud.

I made an audio recording of it, and as soon as I figure out how to get it from Cassette tape to CD, I will make copies for anyone who wants them.

Love to all,
Kristen

2 comments:

  1. I would love to have a copy, in that Vonnie and I were sorry to have missed the event. Love, Llew

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a beautiful blog. I am so glad that Diane, Naomi, you, and Matthew were there to hear Steve's sermon. Maybe there is a technology person at your intern school who knows how to transfer your audio. I'll email Joe Bauer also. He is our computer guru at the airport. I bet I would have cried also with my hormones and all. Send in the tissue! Give my love to Steve and Matthew! linsue

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.