Monday, January 16, 2006

MLKJ Day

Did any of you get to stay home today? This is my last day of freedom, and then back to work until spring break on March 11th. I have been cleaning out paper work that seems to pile up so easily. We will go to Denton today so I can try and find a nice cruise/party dress. I need one for this coming Friday because one of our teachers will have her 50th birthday--PE teacher. I hope Dillard's has one for me at 50% off. I'll check Foley's also. We are still dry, with a promise of some rain somewhere, but it is just gray--no rain--maybe farther east of us.

I hope Steve's sermon went well yesterday. Warren has been working a lot of weekends, Saturdays and Sundays, but had this weekend off. From next weekend through March, he will work all Saturdays also. That sounds like James to me. Chuck and Teri have gone to visit Warren and Julie a couple of times lately, and the siding on the garage is mostly complete on the two long sides with Chuck's help.

Azalee (my aunt in Austin) called this week, and let me know that she will sell her home between now and the next two years, and move to an assisted care facility. David will come sometime this month from San Jose to check on her, taxes, etc. I feel sure her sons David and Donald have plans to take care of her needs that she may not be totally aware of, and that is good. Her mind is pretty sharp most of the time, but at age 90 she has lapses in memory, and the body is not keeping up. Even though her home is on one floor, she has steps to go up and down in the front and in the back.

Take care and we love you, linsue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.