Friday, January 13, 2006

Hangin' in there

How have all of you been the last couple of days? For one, I am thankful that tomorrow is Friday at work. We had a very busy week at work.

Today the science fair judges were in the library for breakfast, judging directions, lunch, etc. I didn't have to do anything directly with it, but needed to help the students get their library business done quietly on one side of the library while the adults were on the other side. Our PTO moms were in charge of the food and I brought some and helped with that. Tonight we had our Science Fair/Family Science Activity Night. About 200-300 students and parents participated at different stations in the library, art room, and hallway. They had a lot of fun.

Tuesday the library sponsored two men, Troup d'Jour, who enteretained the students in two assemblies about Shakespeare. They dressed up in costume and interacted with the students through play and having the students come up on the stage to participate in the plays. The students learned a lot and had fun at the same time. The lead actor, Hal Even, does this full time now during the breaks between teaching acting at Houston Community College. I and our library volunteers and PTO moms went all out for the luncheon food and decorations. We served about 60.

Kristen, let Steve know Hal is an ordained UM preacher with the Texas Conference, where my dad also served. They were guests at our Tuesday luncheon along with our staff. By the way, I hope it is okay to let all know that Steve will preach his first sermon at their church this Sunday. Best wishes for the message he brings!

We really need rain, don't we? On the way home tonight I could see a few faint lightning strikes to the east, but I don't think it meant anything. On the news tonight, we were told the smoke we smelled was drifting down from Randlett, OK. I feel badly about all of the acreage, homes, and lives that have been lost to the drought in TX, OK, KS, and AR.

Ken went through a blizzard Tuesday morning between Eureka and El Dorado. He didn't come out of the snow until Perry. His truck looked awful from the spray the 18 wheelers put on it.

Take care with yourselves and your families--linsue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.