Thursday, March 09, 2006

Sounds like I haven't missed a whole lot.

I have not had much chance to get on the computer at home so I have not read any of this for at least a month.

I love that Linda did not know what Artsy-Fartsy is. I would ha ve thought that a lybrarian would know everything. I have heard that use of slang all my life. I usually think of it as low art. Things that are artistic but not really useful or pretty.

I have been super busy at work and have not even e-mailed any of my friends for a month so. Guess I need to get on the computer at home more often.

News:
Amber has broken up with Nic and made him move out. She had no furniture so I took her a bedroom set that I had. She was really happy to have it. One of her friends apartment building burned down so she has a roomate with no furniture either. We also took her three chairs. She had two couches so she will survive now.

Amber is doing well and should graduate this next December. She will not walk until a year from may but she is OK with that. She is getting antious to get it over with. She is makeing short films and several have been posted on the Lawerence web site. She had her picture in the paper in an article about Film makers in Lawerence last tuesday.

I got to spend the night with her last weekend. That was fun. Chuck drove all the way to Souix city Iowa to pick up an engine he bought to put in the Sunbeam.

Heather is doing well in her first year at a christian High School. She really likes it there.

Brad hurt himself at work. He somehow jambed some spliners of wood from a pallet into his hand. They cannot get the splinters out so he is scheduled for surgery on it Friday.

Everyone else is OK the Boys have spring break next week. Heather has spring break on the week of the 20th.

later

2 comments:

  1. I am glad that you and Amber had some time together. I am sorry about Brad's accident at Wal-Mart. Is he going to be at Jane Phillips Hospital in Bartlesville today? The phone number is 918-333-7200 for anyone who is interested. My first breast biopsy was at Jane Phillips in the early 70s. Thank goodness it was benign as have been the last two: one in Killeen and one in Denton. linsue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Artsy-fartsy: Glad the 63-year old, soon to be 64-year old librarian stirred up some thoughts about the aforementioned word. Just goes to show that when a phrase (slang, colloquialism) comes into our language, I as a senior missed it because of a generation gap. I wonder if it is in the latest edition of Merriam-Webster's Collegate Dictionary? Hmmmm. All of you have helped to enlighten me. James David was the best in our phone conversation. Love, linsue

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.