Please keep our blog going when you have a chance. I hope to read lots of entries when spring break is over.
Yea! Spring Break is here. I cannot believe it. The year has gone by so fast. Hope all of you are doing well. Here are my hopes:
I hope Brandi had a good week in Dallas with her conference and returned home safely. I hope James had a good time with Anna at night. Thank goodness, Anna has wonderful parents and a wonderful support system with Grandma Carol in the day time.
I hope Kristen, Steve, Matthew, and Steve's mom Diane, are having a good week in Chicago looking for a home where they move soon. Kristen is also looking for a new school so she can finish her teaching certification. I can't imagine moving to such an urban center as Chicago, but then again, I am not young, and I don't have to. Someday, I believe the Oklahoma City area sounds possible--we'll see.
I hope Elizabeth, Lewis and Colton arrived safely in Ardmore to visit John. It seems that their drive will become a weekend ritual until school ends for Elizabeth and the boys and they settle in Ardmore. I received a voice mail from Elizabeth that on April 1st Durant will play Ardmore in baseball. Ken and I want to go up and watch Justin play with his team. He will graduate May 26th in Durant. We want to be there for that also.
I hope Teri, Chuck, and Heather are having a wonderful weekend. I didn't hear any more about Bradley's surgery, but hope that all went well with his hand.
I hope Warren and Julie have a wonderful weekend also. Chuck told his dad last night that Warren will work half a day today. I know Warren and Julie emptied their two storage places into the new garage last weekend, so that will give some relief.
I hope Nancy and Tony have a great weekend. I believe Nancy works this weekend because she had last weekend off. It was special that she and Justin and Elizabeth, Lewis, and Colton came to see us when Grandpa was in the hospital last week. We had fun visiting with each other and going out to eat.
I hope Llew and Vonnie are having a super weekend. I can't wait to get to Washington again in June for our cruise and a visit with you two. I hope the animals don't drive Llew crazy and that Vonnie does well in her classes.
Ken and I will fly tomorrow to Orlando via Atlanta, and take a 4-day cruise on Sovereign of the Seas from Port Canaveral Monday afternoon. We hope to visit with one of Ken's high school friends and classmates when we arrive in Titusville where she lives and where we will spend the night at a motel. Jean Gross and her husband used to live in Oklahoma when we did and I met her at their Islip 50th reunion in 2000. Since then she has moved to Florida to be near children after her husband died.
The cruise is our "free one" with Royal Caribbean, although to fly to Florida with other expenses, will cost about the same as a cruise from Galveston with its expenses. We are looking forward to it because we are leaving from a new port and going to the Bahamas where we have not been. If we are lucky, we will drive to the Kennedy Space Center on Monday morning. The ship docks St. Patrick's Day, March 17th and we will drive to Orlando to spend the night in a nearby airport motel and fly home Saturday.
Ken's cardiologist says Ken is doing well after his possible or probable blood clot and cellulitis illness in the hospital last week. It takes 5 days for a patient to receive enough 12-hour injections of blood thinner and the intravenous antibiotic for cellulitis to rid the body of the infection and for the swelling to go down. We are lucky that Dr. Qureshi was the doctor on call that week for the ER when we went since he knows Ken and his medical history so well. After Ken's 50th day at Denton Regional in the last 6 years, I can understand why it is NOT his favorite place to go. However, he had good care and I will never give up or wait to get him where I feel it is best for his continued health. As Dr. Qureshi stated, "You have a good wife and you had better stay married to those compression hose."
Love, linsue
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.