Thursday, March 09, 2006

Last blast of winter wind (I hope) - Llew

Well, I am employed once more, and I had my one year checkup on my new 1/2 knee this week, and all is well. The doctor was quite amazed at my leg strength and knee flexibility for my age and the shape it had been in (bone on bone). I am quite amazed that my right knee now is partially bullet proof. Now, in an emergency, if I can only be quick and fleet, I can be of use - ho, ho. My new job is to visit with and read to and with one of the ladies who use to live where we worked at the assisted living home. It will be enjoyable, except to know that she is failing with Parkinsons and strokes. I enjoy her company, and the family approached me when Vonnie and I were going out to the nursing home where she is now to visit her anyway. So, I have my dream job of play and sauntering around on tour of what's happening and reading what I enjoy to someone else. Airline reservation were just made by another of my old friends from the 60's Thibodaux, Louisiana, days for a visit out here with Vonnie and I this July late. My past is reconnecting with me, still, which is nice. All the pets are good, if full of beans. The kitties had to stay indoors today, out of the rain, and were not too thrilled. Wanda the Wak, however, was perched up on the edge of her big pool most of the day with her feathers blown out and helter amiss, and seemed to be loving the wind. Kristen, Kim (the giant kitten) looks more like your cat every day. A definite mesamorph. Just a chatty note. Love, Auntie Llew...Auntie Vonnie is hard at the study table making ready for a test tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. I thoroughly enjoyed your musings. Glad your super heroine knee is doing well. May we call you SuperKneeWoman? What about your thumb? When does that damage get help? I am glad you are employed again, but not with lifting 200 pound nursing home patients. Can't you feed those cats Beano or something? Ha, ha, ha! linsue

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.