Saturday, July 15, 2006

Yard Work for Llew -7-15-06

Hello from Washington. Since we are having such sunny nice weather, I have been out working on making my yard look better. It's a slow process, and in truth, the weeds work faster than I do. But today, I weeded and built a small, beachwood trellis for a wisteria plant that won't grow right without one. It's pretty funky looking, with two larger driftwood pieces that have "Y" shaped tops and other pieces laid across and tied down. We'll see. It'll be a conversation piece. Wanda WakWak loves it when I garden in the back, because it means that she can trail in my wake and get all the bugs and slugs and stuff that is exposed as I dig. She also got both of her pools cleaned last night by Vonnie, so today has been having a splashing good time. I sure am glad that Linda answered all the computer questions and blog questions for Anne, in that I have not much expertise there, as Linda will tell you. She spent major time on two different days when she and Ken were here on our computer bringing it back to workable health. We are very happy and thankful to her for that. And, Anne, I love reading the comments in the blogs almost more than the original postings. In true Pollyanna form, I scan back over all the postings, searching for comments each time I enter this blog land. And, it is quite nice to be hearing from you and having more contact. All the kitties are well and up to no good most of the time: Mithril Boy is driving the bluejays nuts (we think that he is trying to reach a nest, perhaps) over in Anna's yard (next door neighbor), and Winkie watches from the shade of Wanda's pool; Kim watches the whole thing from the windows and the screen door (she will go to the vet for her one year checkup and shots in early August, and then she can go out with the big guys. So far, she has only been out once on her own legs, and at that time, she was so scared that she slinked around on her stomach and was happy when Vonnie rescued her by picking her up. Also in early August, I am having my right thumb (hand) operated on to repair damage done in the caregiving job that I had. The doctor will be taking out the bottom bone and replacing it with tendon connections so that I will be able to use my hand correctly again. Yea. I'm not sure what the impact will be on typing on the computer or on writing. The recovery is 4-6 weeks, so Vonnie will be taking over many of my chores: pet, yard, even my dream job of visiting with Ruth (lady 84 who lives in a nursing home) until my hand gets back to normal use. How is your new job, Kristen, or has it begun yet? the preparation part? Both Vonnie and I comment often on how strange it is for there to be no Kristen, Steve, and Matt here for treat time. I've been enjoying everyone's pictures on the blog. Thanks for posting them. Some century, I may learn about pictures on the internet, but for now, they are a great mystery to me. Bye for now. Love, Llew

1 comment:

  1. At least someone on the West Coast is enjoying the weather! As I "speak" Alice is sitting at my office window wistfully looking outside. She can't go out for another five days and it's driving her and us crazy! She still has the plastic collar on and we're still giving her the yucky medicine at night. Her open sores from the shunts are FINALLY closing and her stitches are healing nicely. We're going to a dinner/play tonight; hope it won't be too hot! The junior college in our area (Citrus College) puts on these great plays and then they're also the ones who do the table waiting, servers, etc. The name of the play is "Come Blow Your Horn."

    I'm with you, Llew, on the picture thing -- haven't the slightest idea how to do it. We don't have a digital camera for one thing and then Kermit said we don't have a scanner either. So, it'll be a few years down the road for us as well.

    Well, gotta go and take my shower and get ready. Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.