Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Linda's answers to Anne's questions--Elizabeth, Kristen, Brandi, Llew--Jump in! Help!

Anne asked these questions. I believe each one of us may have a differing opinion aobut this, so I hope others will jump in and answer Anne also.

"Do I just keep answering other people's comments to my original blog? Or do I start a new one?"
If it is the 1st or 2nd comment in the top 1 or 2 postings, I comment there. If it gets down to the 3rd or 4th posting and 3rd or 4th comment, it may be hard for others to find the comment place. I have my settings to "show" that a comment has been made. I get a notice someone making a comment in my email, so I know to look for it. After a long way around the block, I would start a new posting if 2 comments have already been made in the top 1 or 2 postings. I wonder how many time I've broken my advice?

"Also, why is there an "edit" block in front of my original message on the "dashboard?""
I have not seen the "edit" block before. What I get is a message that asks, "Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page?" When I want to edit I go to the "Edit Html" next to the "Compose" menu label.

"If I was going to send pictures, how do I do so?"
I have downloaded Picasa2 from Google where I keep all of my pictures. When I use Picasa2, and place pictures in the "hold" postion, then I can click on the "Blog" button, and somehow they go to our blog. I have found that our blog will only take 4 pictures at a time. The editing for placement and text is not perfect for me. I have to let it "do its own thing." Anybody else discover differently for the software you use?

Love, linsue

1 comment:

  1. Linda -- thanks for the advice; it helps a lot.

    How's your summer going? It's supposed to get up to 105 today (they keep saying we're supposed to be getting cooler after today)! And that darn fire burning out of control near Big Bear scares me! That's all they need up there -- they just had a big fire a couple of years ago. This isn't even fire "season" yet. As long as we don't get any firebugs again.

    I'm not working this weekend (yea). But it's too hot to do anything! Do you guys (or anyone else who may be reading this) have a restaurant called the Soup Plantation near you? It's really great -- their chili is to die for! They're known for their soups and salads; but everything else there is wonderful -- focacia bread, muffins, ice cream, etc. Anyway, if you join their website, they'll send you all kinds of coupons for discounts and you get a free dinner for your b'day.

    Guess that's it for now -- we have to dash out to the store for our weekly food jaunt. Love to all, Anne

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.