Ken had a pacemaker installed Friday morning at the Decatur Surgical Center by his new cardiolgist, Dr. Gordon. Everything went well and we came home Saturday afternoon. He has a 4" incision just to the right of his left shoulder where the two leads were placed into the heart and the pocket battery was inserted there. The incision has no stitches or staples, just a clear adhesive over the top. The pacemaker is set to keep his heart beating at 70 beats per minute or higher as he exerts himself. It should have no upward limits. His left bundle branch blockage prevented electrical impulses from telling the heart to beat more. His chemical and physical stress test before our trip showed that even after 6 minutes on the treadmill, his heart rate could only get up to 122 beats per minute. My physical stress test showed 150 beats per minute after 5 minutes on the treadmill, so that gives an indication that his heart needed some help to give him more energy. He will go back to the cardiologist in two weeks for a checkup.
Like Oklahoma, Kansas, and Illinois, we have suffered from extreme heat also. We've had over 10 days with 100+ degree temperatures. Yesterday we had a break with a high of 93, but will creep up again. Thank goodness for air conditioning!
Reality needs to set in, because I go to work this week, with workshops, meetings, and real work. One more year, yea! It will be a heavy duty year because our enrollment is up over 600 instead of under 500 like last year. By the time the district builds another school, I will be gone.
Have lots to do at home, and will try to get as much done as I can, but won't ever get it all together. I hope you have a wonderful week. Love hearing from each of you on the blog. Love, linsue
Dear Linda, Yea last year! I know how exciting that was for me. All I can say, is, bring a thing or two home each week. Love, Llew
ReplyDeleteDear Ken, I hope that you are feeling much more energetic and that the surgery recuperation is going well. Don't overdo it. Love, Llew