Sunday, July 09, 2006

I FINALLY made it into this blog thing!

Well -- I'm sitting here at work (yes, work) with a little gap so I can get off a line or two. Did anyone happen to see the program "CBS Sunday Morning" this morning? The 1st segment was on blogging; it was interesting. That's one of Kermit's favorite shows and he records it every Sunday. Llew, being the kitty person that you are will be interested in this, I think: Alice did NOT have a good day yesterday. We had to take her to the vet and they did some emergency surgery on her to get a "particularly nasty" abscess out which was positioned near her right back leg. Apparently she'd been in a fight with another cat. I'd hate to see what he (she) looks like! We thought she'd had some sort of sprain or something because she was favoring her back leg. The mocking birds have been dive bombing her when she went out and I thought she'd gotten close to their nest and then fallen down or something. At any rate, she's now wearing a plastic collar, the whole back side of her has been shaved off and has draining pipes hanging out. She'll be like this until Wed. when they'll take out the pipes, stitches and the collar comes off. Boy, is she mad at us (now that the drugs have worn off)! And, we get to give her twice a day this god-awful tasting stuff by eye dropper! That's about the only "news" worthy stuff I have to report. Hope this wasn't too lengthy. Hope everyone has a great day.

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool to hear from you in the blog. I missed the CBS show this morning, but love it, so it was my loss. Sorry to hear about Alice. Hope she gets better soon. Sounds like a complicated process she and you have been through.

    Always know that your blog entries can never be too long or involved, at least not for me.

    Have you heard about Llew and Vonnie's duck named Wanda Wak Wak and her encounter with a raccoon? What a story that one is also.

    While we visited Llew and Vonnie recently one of her cats got a mole out of its hole while we were eating dinner in the naturally-planted vine gazebo. The cat seemed to only want to play with it, so Llew had to finish it off with a shovel. Ken and I were cheering her on, but Vonnie was upset that it happened during dinner. Oh, well--one less mole to dig up the yard, I say.

    Congratulations! Hope to hear from you as often as you like. Love, linsue

    ReplyDelete
  2. One more comment: Most of the children have and love cats, so you are not in the minority. As far as I know this is the cat count in our family: no cats (Linda and Ken), although we have helped neighbors with theirs when they are gone; Chuck and Teri (1 indoor cat); Warren and Julie (1 outdoor/indoor cat); Nancy and Tony (no cats that I know of at this time, but 2 indoor dogs); Elizabeth and John (2 indoor cats for the boys); Kristen and Steve (1 indoor cat); Brandi and James (1 outdoor cat and 4 outdoor dogs); Llew and Vonnie (3 indoor/outdoor cats). Love, linsue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once I get the hang of this thing, I should be okay. I'm still at work, believe it or not. My boss said around 9:00 or 10:00 tonight maybe. Boy, am I tired. I checked in with Kermit and he said Alice is sleeping now, after a hard day of getting up, eating, going potty and trying to get her collar off. It's nice to know that there are some other kitty lovers out there. Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor, poor Alice. And living in an Elizabethan collar, no less. This is Llew, Anne. Hello to Kermit. In all my cats, I have never had one with an abcess, but Vonnie has had the experience, and so had a friend from the carpool days. With her's, she had to pull this rubberband like thing through the pipe to encourage drainage; I hope that you aren't needing to rubberband. Mockingbirds chase kitties? Mithril Boy and the duck Wanda WakWak got chased clear across the yard last week by a bluejay: Mithril bushed out looking like a bottle brush, and Wanda with her wings flapping and her skimming about a foot off the ground. I wished I had had a camera poised and ready. Yea for Linda getting you on the blog. And yea for you being here. Love, Llew

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Llew;
    I'm here at work yet again! No, we weren't rubber banding, thank God! Kermit took her back to the vet yesterday and they took out the shunts. The stitches are still there and should come out soon. She still has to wear the collar for another 10 days and we STILL have to manhandle her to give her the yucky milk of magnesia-looking stuff by eye dropper every morning and evening until it runs out. She must be starting to feel better, though, because every time we open a door to the outside, she's raring to go. She still can't maneuver very well with the collar -- she keeps running into things! I have a question: do I just keep answering other people's comments to my original blog? Or do I start a new one? Also, why is there an "edit" block in front of my original message on the "dashboard?" Okay, there were two questions -- sorry. One of the girls from my bus just came back from a few days in Seattle and one of the places she told me about was Pike's Market, where she watched them toss the fish for awhile! I thought of the picture Linda sent when you guys were there. I just thought of another question: if I was going to send pictures, how do I do so? Guess that's it for now -- will "chat" later. Love, Anne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anne, I see that edit square and wonder about it, too. And I have no earthy or anywhere else idea what a "dashboard" is, so it's extremely good that Linda is fielding your questions. Lately, when I called the tech people for Comcast, they had to reexplain what a tool bar is. See, I'm not so literate here. Vonnie and I will be a Pike Place Market in Seattle next Saturday, while we wait for a plane after picking up a friend from Atlanta (from my Thibodaux, Louisiana days). I love Pike Place. I'll watch the sights for you. Love, Llew

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.