Friday, July 07, 2006

Gainful Employment! Hot Damn!

Well, I always seem to get good news while on vacation, and the cruise was no different! While hanging out in Juneau, I got a call from the Plainfield School district asking me to come in for an interview the following Monday. The interview went okay (you never can tell how those things go while you're sitting there answering all their questions). The special ed director let me know that I should go to the Regional Office of Education and apply for my para-professional certification which I did this past Thursday. Well... yesterday he called and offered me a job in a special ed multi-needs class at Central Elementary. The school is only 3 miles from our house! Of course I will have to drive about 10 minutes in the opposite direction to take Matt to daycare and then back again, but it's very do-able. I will be working with 7 kids, 1 other aide, and the teacher. One of the kids has a full-time nurse so there will be plenty of adult help in the room.

I'm very excited and can't wait to meet the kids!

Kristen

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kristen! I am very happy for you that it worked out so well for your location, and that it is something you have had experience in. Love, linsue

    ReplyDelete
  2. How good and great and exciting to have what sounds like a fun and rewarding job, Kristen. Congrats. Auntie Llew (and Auntie Vonnie [She's at work, so I am taking liberties to send her thoughts.])

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.