Well, Steve left at the crack of dawn this morning to fly to Lubbock to do a recruiting gig at Texas Tech. His new-fangles job seems to already started! This means that Matt and I are on our own this week until Friday afternoon. We'll figure out some way to fill up the time.
Yes.... as Mom mentioned, we had quite an interesting afternoon on Thursday. Matt's daycare called to say that Matt woke up from his nap crying and was complaining that his ear hurt. I took him to the pediatric clinic where they pushed us through really fast because Matt was screaming his bloody head off because of the pain in his ear. The doc determined that Yes.. it is an ear infection. He gave me a prescription for antibiotics and for ear numbing medication and off we went to Rite-Aid to get them filled. Matt cried the entire way there and while we waited for them to be filled. Just as we were leaving the store, he started to cry louder. I picked him up so I could hurry to the car, and he promptly threw up all over both of us. Then I was the one crying!!! What a mess!!! The employees at the Rite-aid were very nice and helped us get cleaned up. Matt finally stopped crying and passed out from exhaustion at 1a.m. Yikes! What a cruddy evening that was! Friday morning he woke up happy as a lark and crawled into bed with Steve and I and started talking up a storm... only 4 1/2 hours later! Lord help me!
Motherhood is such an adventure!
Am thinking about driving up to the aunties this week sometime! Matt and I definitely want to see them, and our schedules are so screwed up, this may be the only time we can get away!
Love to everyone,
Kristen and Matt
Wow! What a story! Sorry you are by yourselves this week! Hope you, Matt, and Steve stay safe. Our ice (or fear of ice) last weekend helped keep me indoors. Some said that driving was not a problem, but I did not want to take a chance. Give my love to Llew and Vonnie when you drive to Bellingham. Love, linsue
ReplyDelete