Sunday, September 10, 2006

Writing to share info

Today was my second day for the weekend without Ken. He went to Kansas to visit Chuck. He had not stayed with Chuck during the last year when he went to help Warren with his garage. Terri and Heather (her younger daughter) went to Lawrence, KS to visit her older daughter, a senior at KU. Ken and Chuck went to an air show at McConnell AFB in Wichita.

I enjoyed things at home: general cleaning, although I did not do everything I could have. We are hoping for more rain, maybe some of the 40% will fall here Monday.

Many of the ladies in our family are either teaching or are in school themselves. Brandi is teaching 1 night each week, Kristen is a paraprofessional in her local school district as well as going to school and taking online classes, Elizabeth drives to OSU in Stillwater twice each week, as well as taking an online course, and I get to work most every day in the library, unless I have a doctor's appoinment.

I hope and pray that nothing happens tomorrow on our infamous 9/11, but I will be surprised if we hear of no terroristic threats againt our country, since 9/11 is a significant date in the Muslim world for terrorists.

As Kristen said this morning, if anything happens in her part of the country, she will head this way to be with us, especially while Steve will be out of town on business in Denver and Detroit.

We should all become prepared for any emergency at any time: water, food, clothing, shelter, gasoline, etc. for several days at a time in case some kind of disaster should arise wherever we live.

Kristen had good news about Steve's company coming out of bankruptcy proceedings celebrating with a big bash with entertainment by Chicago and Huey Lewis and the News Saturday night for about 2500 employees and guests on the "lake."

Lewis had his first football game where he could play Thursday night. I called Colton on his cell phone recently. Heard it made a big hit with him. He uses it when he is wandering around the funeral home/cemetary property and John and Elizabeth can keep track of him.

Llew says she watches a lot of TV. As far as I know, anyone with connections to the following family names are also addicted to TV: Hollingsworth, Littlejohn, Robbins. So you are not alone, Llew.

We are looking forward to visiting Brandi and James for Anna's 2nd birthday next weekend.

Would love to hear from all of our bloggers on the blog, even though I know all of you are very busy. Hope all of you have a wonderful and safe week.

Love, linsue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.