Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. How is your weather? We have passed the 34th day this year with over 100 degrees. Did anyone work this weekend?
I was absent 3 days last week--one to help Ken with pluresy--Yea! Advil! if you do not take too much and two for myself.
Our dermatologist in Oklahoma and the one here have been trying to get rid of a place on my nose for over a year. Well! Now it is gone! Right down to the cartilege in one area. I have to hope that I am one of lucky ones that the skin graft they took from my neck will "take" and give me new skin on the side of my nose.
There is a 50-60% success rate of the neck skin growing on my nose, new hairs and all. Where there is only cartilege, skin will not grow because cartilege is not live tissue, so in 6 weeks I get to tell my doctor if the grafted skin is turning a darker color--Oh, what fun!
I also have a bandage on top of the skin graft that looks soooo attractive. Not! The bandage is sewn to my nose--no chance of my picking at it is there? I have to figure out something I can put on the top of that so I won't scare the folks at school tomorrow. The hardest part is finding tape that will stick to my face.
I am soooo thankful that this is my last year to work in public school education. Our district has grown quickly each year and this one is no exception: from 8,000 to 10,000 students in our 10 elementary schools, 3 middle schools, and 1 high school. Our campus has 650 children and with me in library rotation, it is no bed of roses to corral 30 youngsters at a time 3 times each day for 50 minutes each. This will increase soon to 5 times a day for 50 minutes each. I'll go to work on the weekends to get the cataloging, processing, mending, straigtening shelves, etc. caught up. Think twice before becoming a librarian. It must have been in the Middle Ages when people thought librarians sat behind a counter and read all day.
We are beginning a new community read next week. All of our families will read How To Eat Fried Worms and then go see the movie in September.
Take care. Love, linsue
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.