Friday, August 04, 2006

Llew had surgery Friday

Wouldn't you know it? I knew that Llew was going to have hand surgery sometime soon but I did not know it was going to be today until I got home from work and looked at my email. She had written me at 1:47 a.m. Friday morning--sneaky, don't you think?--or maybe she just couldn't get to sleep worrying about the surgery.

Anyway, I hope I tell this correctly. If I do not, Llew, the one-armed bandit, will just have to jump right in here, and correct my story telling with her left hand. I called her this evening and she was still groggy from the surgery but wanted to talk. She has a cast on her right arm from below her elbow to below her wrist that covers the part of the thumb that was operated on and leaves the other fingers exposed. Everything is numb from the local they gave her for the operation. It will feel painful for a couple of days. She does not deal well with anesthesia but has done better this time around. Her surgery came as a result with heavy lifting of nursing home patients over time. The doctor took out part of a bone and put something artificial in (call Llew if you want the details correct) like another doctor did with her knee.

Vonnie has taken over washing dishes and pet detail for a while. I thought all of you would like to know. I am sure Llew would appreciate an email or a call. Love, linsue

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.