
It was a busy weekend for us here this past week. Anna, Mom and I went to the zoo on Friday. It was a lot of fun. Hot, but fun. The nice thing was that even though the zoo closed at 5, they didn't kick us out. So we stayed until almost 6:30 just wandering around the animals and playing on the playgrounds with almost no one around! Anna had a ball. She only got startled twice: once when a seal we had been watching for almost 10 minutes barked loudly and then when another person at the gorilla exhibit made a loud noise trying to get his grandson to smile.
Sunday we went to my parent's for Easter dinner. I made a ham, deviled eggs and a lemon cake while mom did the potato salad, bread and a green salad. Mostly it was so Anna could "hunt" Easter eggs. Not much hunting this year but she had a lot of fun picking up the eggs and putting them in the wagon. Blake & Grant (my brother's sons) joined us later and all three had fun. Blake is starting to walk so it was fun to count his steps.
Anna is certainly getting ready for the "terrible twos," not that I think I'll ever believe she is terrible, maybe just a bit of a drama queen... ;-P She gets mad almost everytime we tell her "no" and can put on quite the show when she wants to. She certainly inherited her daddy's temper.
Hope all of you are doing well!
I enjoyed your blog so much. Thanks for sharing. Anna's picture is so beautiful. I remember enjoying the OKC Zoo with our kids growing up. We used to go a lot. James went with his 7th grade on a field trip from Claremore. Ken and I were sponsors on the bus. I bet that didn't make him the happiest kid on the block.
ReplyDeleteDear Brandi, James, and Anna, What cute pictures. I ran some of them off to keep in the family albumn, and wanted also to share this small story with you about the Oklahoma City Zoo. It was one of my favorite places while in college at OCU, so much so that I actually skipped a final one year to go on a midday picnic at the zoo, instead. The zoo pictures, and the Anna pictures were great. Thank you for knowing how to send them and for taking such good ones. Llew
ReplyDelete